In AutoCount Accounting, some of you might face before some weird situation where your financial report is not balance. But when you try to view in multi-level, somehow magic happens and your balance sheet is balance. Well, this is most probably there are some parent accounts of yours had some amount stored. In AutoCount Accounting, if your GL accounts is having parent-child relationship (sub account of an account), the parent account by right should not have any amount as this will affect the presentation of financial report to be not accurate.
So how do I know or how can I find out if my account face this situation? Do I find or dig out each of my transaction or GL accounts?
The answer is NO, you do not need to dig into your transactions 1 by 1 to find out this. We have a shortcut way to find out these kind of situation. You may follow the below steps if you want to check on this:
1. Login into your AutoCount Accounting Management Studio.
2. Top menu Tools –> SQL Query. System then will prompt you a warning message, however just click yes for now. A new window will prompt out where the content is blank.
3. Key in the following into the blank new window: Select AccNo, TransDate, Description, RefNo1, RefNo2, SourceType From GLDTL Where AccNo IN (Select ParentAccNo From GLMast). After that click the Execute Button on the top left of the window.
You’re expected to get 2 different kind of results:
If you get blank and nothing appear at the lower part of the content means that your account is good to go, there is no amount in any of your parent accounts.
If you get result at the lower part of the content means that there is some amount hiding in your parent account(s). You may refer to the columns to find out where and which is the affected accounts or transactions.
Acc No – Affected GL accounts
Trans Date – Transaction date
Description – Just description
RefNo1 – Document Number of affected transaction
RefNo2 – Ref 2 (if you key) of affected transaction
Source Type – Source of document type such as OR or PV etc. to narrow down your search
4. If so happen that you had result (which means you had amount in your parent accounts), you may look back into your account book and search for that transaction and change the account number to one of the child account. For the example above, we know that the affected account is 905-0000 which most probably a Payment Voucher by looking at the source type with the document number of PV-000007.
5. After you had changed your account number, you can now get your latest accurate financial report !
Finally, the full source type table as below: