This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Automatically grab GST ID based on Debtor’s Company Name or Company Registration No.
- Imported Service reverse journal now happens at A/P Invoice.
Automatically grab GST ID based on Company Name or Company Registration No.
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, a new function is introduced to allow users to automatically grab the GST ID of both Debtor and Creditor based on their Company Name or Company Registration No. The purpose of introducing this function is to allow users to easily obtain and save the Tax Registration Number of their Debtors and Creditors without having to use more man power to obtain in manually.
Before using this function, be advised that the user has to be connected to the Internet and as such, issues with the connection itself may cause the function to not work properly.
To access this function, just open either the Debtor or Creditor Maintenance and navigate to the Others menu in the screen. Clicking the Grab GST ID from Custom Website button under the Others menu will bring up the form in which you can access the function.
Before a user can retrieve the GST IDs, the user has to select if they wish to retrieve only Debtors that has their “Is Tax Registered” status set to undetermined (set true by default) or to retrieve the GST ID for all of their Debtors. This option only affects the Debtor and not the Creditor side.
Clicking on the Search button will populate the the grids with the Debtor(s) that matches with the criteria previously set as well as all the Creditor(s).
The user then can click on the Retrieve GST ID button to start the grab operation. Be advised once again that you may have to repeat this process several times depending on the Grab Successful status.
After the completion of the Grab process, the user has to verify and select which Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) information they wish to update to the system. The user can either use the Check All button to select all Debtor(s) and Creditor(s), Uncheck All button to deselect all selection or Check Tax Registration Only button to select the Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) that has their Tax Registration Number successfully grab from the Custom website.
Finally just click on the Update button to allow the system to update the registration number into itself. As a reminder, only selected Debtor(s) and Creditor(s) which have their GST ID successfully grabbed from the Custom website will be updated.
Imported Service reverse journal now happens at A/P Invoice.
In the previous version of AutoCount Accounting, the journal entry for Imported Services is created only when there is an A/P Payment done to knock-off the A/P Invoice using the IM-SVC tax code. With the change in the government ruling on the matter of Imported Service, the system will now create the journal entry for Imported Services when the A/P Invoice is created and saved and not as previously mentioned. This change also means that the posting for the journal entry will follow the A/P Invoice document date since it is created following the creation of the document.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Debtor and Creditor Maintenance.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to create new GST Processor for GST on D/O and GST on Payment.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to create new GST Processor for GST Realized Gain Loss.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in A/R and A/P Bad Debt.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to import old table structure in acx file.
- Enhancement: Add Grab GST ID From Custom website function for Debtor and Creditor.
- Enhancement: Enhance Grab GST ID From Custom form design to be more user friendly.
- Fix Bug: Fix localization issue in Edit Opening Balance form.
- Enhancement: Add Remark field into the new Import Item Opening function.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in ARAP Invoice copy from other invoice.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Document Item Transaction Listing Report.
- Fix Bug: Fix import on rich text did not follow option set at form.
- Fix Bug: Fix custom GST Status infinite loop by loading page within 3 seconds.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in Options Miscellaneous, Goods & Services Tax and Default Debtor & Creditor.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in License Control.
- Fix Bug: Fix Malaysia GST Options enable when tax currency is not MYR.
- Fix Bug: Fix local bank charge tax and taxable amount for tax transaction audit trail report.
- Fix Bug: Fix ARAP Payment and Refund Knock Off document posting to GLDTL one cents issue.
- Enhancement: Add check tax registration only for Grab GST ID from custom.
- Enhancement: Add Imported Services function for A/P Invoice.
- Enhancement: Show GRAB GST ID from custom form in thread form.
- Fix Bug: Correct wording “Swith” to “Switch”.
- Fix Bug: Change Import Stock default rate from 1 to null.