This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Allow to do amendment on a committed GST Return
- Check Minimum Sales or Purchase Price based on Inclusive Price Option
Allow to do amendment on a committed GST Return
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, a new function has been added into the GST Processor window that would allow a user to do amendment on a committed GST Return. To access this function, simply navigate to the GST Processor and select a committed GST Return and click on the Amend button as shown below.
The question now is, what amendments can be done using this function? The answer for that question comes in parts. First, the Other GST-03 information previously can be amended inside this function. If the user has made a mistake when entering the Other GST-03 information in the committed GST Return, they can use this function to do amendment on it. The following are steps on how to do such amendments:
- After clicking the Amend button in the GST Processor window, you will be greeted by the GST Amendment window. Click on the “Other GST-03 Info” button.
- Modify the information you wish to amend and the press OK.
- Click on the Save button to save the amendment.
- If you wish to view the amended GST-03 document, select the newly created row under the Amend Relation, and click the View button.
- From the window that is open, just navigate to the GST-03 tab and scroll to the Part D: Declaration section to see the new amendment.
The second amendment allowed in the GST Amendment function is regarding the addition, modification or removal of tax document under the period for the committed GST Return. This means that if when a tax document is added or modified or removed, the GST Amendment function can be used to generate a more accurate GST Return even when that GST Return has been committed. Any modification under this type will show up in the Tax Summary of the GST Amendment window and will be highlighted with red color. If the addition/modification/removal done did not cause a red color entry in the Tax Summary of the GST Amendment window, this means that the changes done does not require the user to use the GST Amendment in the first place.
The following are steps on how to do such amendments:
- After doing the modification to the required tax document, navigate to the GST Processor and select the committed GST Return to amend and click the Amend button. You will then see in the Tax Summary all the modification that will be applied to the amendment. Ensure that the changes are correct and save the amendment.
- After saving the amendment, select the amendment and click on the View button.
- From the window that is open, click on the Generate Journal Entry to create the required Journal Entry for this amendment.
- Save the created Journal Entry after making sure the figures are correct.
Note that if there is any addition or removal for the C/N and D/N document, the CN DN List tab will also show the changes for that period. The other tabs (Bad Debt Relief, Bad Debt Recovery, Outstanding DO, Reverse Transferred DO, Unapplied Payment, Reverse Applied Payment) will only show a list of documents similar to the previous committed GST Return.
Check Minimum Sales or Purchase Price based on Inclusive Price Option
In version 1.8.19 of AutoCount Accounting, an enhancement was added that modified the behaviour when validating the minimum or maximum unit price. The behaviour introduced is that, if the sales or purchase document is using the inclusive option, the system will set the unit price to exclude the tax amount which meant that if the unit price of an item is RM 100, when inclusive, the unit price used to validate the minimum would be RM 94.34 (rounded to 2 decimal points)
From feedback, it seems that most users of the AutoCount Accounting system wish to not use this behaviour and that as such in this version of AutoCount Accounting, two new options is introduced to allow users the ability to control if they wish to use the mentioned behavior. These 2 options, Check Minimum Sale Price Based On Inclusive Price and Check Minimum Purchase Price Based On Inclusive Price is accessible via the Options/Invoicing/Customize Invoicing menu as shown below.
By default, the option is set to false and will use the default behaviour as state above. When the options is checked, it will use the inclusive price instead of the exclusive price.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fix Journal Entry view source button enabled when not a POS Posting or Gift Rules transaction.
- Fix Bug: Remove check period lock for Journal Entry’s Tax Bill date.
- Fix Bug: Fix object reference null when import data by excel without paste from clipboard.
- Enhancement: Add GST Start Date must after Actual Start Date checking when first time run GST Processor.
- Fix Bug: Fix Payment Local Amount not same with GL Home Account with one cent different posting.
- Enhancement: Add set GST Date Range Form for GST Instant Info.
- Fix Bug: Fix sometime changing date might not trigger recalculating of GST information issue.
- Fix Bug: Modify edit ARAP Payment’s discount amount post to ARAP CN with Tax Code to use edit detail clear and add new detail.
- Enhancement: Add Copy as Spreadsheet Format To Clipboard feature to Credit Note, Debit Note, Consignment, Purchase Return and Supplier Consignment.
- Fix Bug: Modify Bad Debt Relief which consider Past Invoice.
- Enhancement: Modify the Journal Entry After Save Script event.
- Enhancement: Add GST Amendment.
- Fix Bug: Fix DPI issue in some forms.
- Fix Bug: Change Max and Min Purchase Price decimal in Item Maintenance to refer to Purchase Unit Price decimal.
- Fix Bug: Set Is Tax Registered to false when creating new Debtor record.
- Fix Bug: Exclude copy Aging Date when copy to new document at A/R Invoice, A/R Debit Note, A/P Invoice and A/P Debit Note.
- Fix Bug: Correction of expression get value when generate TaxDocNo format.
- Fix Bug: Fix date time compare with null value.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to do Year End when contains ARAP Bad Debt Relief document.
- Enhancement: Add check GST on D/O & GST on Payment’s Journal Entry when do Year End Closing.
- Enhancement: Add reset GST links in Year End Closing.
- Fix Bug: Fix long cast on object for Fix Internal Key issue.
- Enhancement: Add previous GST Processor’s Tax Summary Result in GST Amendment.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable upgrade 220.127.116.11 DB Version when TaxTrans table add currency code field.
- Enhancement: Add checking when generate Amendment Journal Entry.
- Enhancement: Modify GST on D/O for Year End Closing.
- Enhancement: Modify filter by agent lookupedit without using cache.
- Enhancement: Add check minimum sales or purchase price based on inclusive price option.