- 1 Introduction
- 2 Improvements Introduced
- 3 Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- Negative Knock Off Payment column in Payment Voucher
- Preview and Print in GST Instant Info
- Realized Gain Loss with negative amount will be set to 0 in GST submission
- Enhancement to Bad Debt Relief and Bad Debt Recovery
- New module: Filter By Account
Negative Knock Off Payment column in Payment Voucher
In the previous versions of AutoCount Accounting, if there is a negative amount in the detail portion of the Payment Voucher, the ledger double entry for those negative amount will be against the positive amount rows in the detail grid. This behavior can be seen in the images below.
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, we have included a new field called Negative KO (short for Knock Off) Payment. This column, accessible via the detail column chooser allows user to specify that the double entry for those negative amounts be against the payment amount instead of the previous example. This behavior can be seen in the images below.
Preview and Print in GST Instant Info
The Preview and Print buttons is now available to allow users to preview or print any of the following report at the GST Instant Info screen:
- Bad Debt Recovery
- Bad Debt Relief
- CN DN List
- Purchase Listing by Tax Code
- Supply Listing by Tax Code
- Tax Summary
- Tax Summary All in One
Realized Gain Loss with negative amount will be set to 0 in GST submission
In accordance to the amendment that was reported for the Reporting of Realized Foreign Exchange Gains/Losses, in this version of AutoCount Accounting, if the Realized Gain Loss amount is negative, the Section C 12 of the GST-03 form will now be set to 0 instead of the previous behavior which was the amount without the negative sign.
Enhancement to Bad Debt Relief and Bad Debt Recovery
Several enhancement and modification has been introduced for the Bad Debt Relief and Bad Debt Recovery functions.
The modification is that the Manage AR Bad Debt and Manage AP Bad Debt windows can no longer be used to manage their Bad Debt Relief and Bad Debt Recovery. As such users can only manage them in the GST Processor wizard. This is done to protect the document flow as well as avoid the situation in which a Bad Debt Relief is created with the Bad Debt Recovery in the same period. This means that the Manage AR Bad Debt and Manage AP Bad Debt windows is now only used as a display to show the status of the Bad Debt.
Secondly, an enhancement is introduced in which a user would be able to filter which documents they wish to manage the bad debt. A standard filter can be used to for example, filter and show out only a single debtor. The user can also create complex filters to fulfill their requirements in filtering out the documents they wish to process.
With the addition of the previous enhancement, another enhancement is also done to the selection mechanism in the GST Processor Wizard when doing Manage A/R or A/P Bad Debt Relief. The enhancement allow user to multi-select entries to either Create Bad Debt Relief or Create Bad Debt with Bad Debt Relief. It also allows user, when applying a filter, to only select those under the filter without selecting any other of entries that is not under filter when using the Check All button. The reverse is also true for the UnCheck All button as any entries filtered can be unchecked without influencing the other checked entries.
Another enhancement introduced is the addition of a new tab in the A/R and A/P Invoice Entry that shows the Bad Debt Relief as well as Bad Debt Recovery information. When a document has done its Bad Debt Relief, the new tab will appear and allow users to directly view the Journal Entry from the A/R or A/P document itself. The Bad Debt Recovery history is displayed below the button to view the Journal Entry in grid form as the Bad Debt Recovery can be done in multiple documents and as such the information is shown in this manner to allow user a complete overview of its Bad Debt Recovery history.
The last enhancement implemented is the Bad Debt Type column in both the A/R Receive Payment and A/P Payment entry screen. This column is implemented to allow user to see the Bad Debt status of the document that is being knocked off.
New module: Filter By Account
A new module is introduced in this version of AutoCount Accounting. The module, Filter By Account has the functionality that allows the account book administrators to limit the visibility of certain accounts to a normal user. For example, an account book administrator wished for user A to help in doing multiple data entries in the Cash Book but could not do so as certain accounts such as Salaries is visible to user A when they work on the Cash Book. With the use of the Filter By Account module, the account book administrator could just exclude the Salaries account for the user, and the user can no longer see the account when doing data entries. The Filter By Account module currently works on the Cash Book, Journal Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Ledger Report, Journal of Transaction report and Multi-Dimensional Ledger report. It may be expanded to cover in more functions when there is a reason to do it.
To use the Filter By Account function, after purchasing the module and activating it, go to the User Maintenance, select which user to apply the account excluding function and enable as well as set the accounts to be excluded.
When the user has re-log, he or she will no longer be able to see the account excluded in any of the look up in the mentioned functions above.
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix Bug: Fix ARAP Bad Debt Posting calculation for specific government tax code.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to show Sales Profit Calculator form when Quotation document have Item Package.
- Enhancement: Post Knock Off Document number in Audit Log for ARAP document.
- Enhancement: Add post Audit Log for recalculate stock costing.
- Enhancement: Bonus Point Redemption to include sales agent maintenance.
- Fix Bug: Fix error message that will prompt “String was not recognized as a valid DateTime” during import POS Cash record.
- Enhancement: Allow zero value of imported goods posting to AP Invoice Detail.
- Fix Bug: Fix unable to update price history info when change currency rate field only.
- Fix Bug: Fix payment cannot be save when edit on Invoice and Purchase Invoice entry.
- Fix Bug: Fix Refund transaction does not show in Monthly Sales Analysis report.
- Fix Bug: Fix UDF cannot be null issue when create a require UDF in Stock Item.
- Enhancement: Allow Manage ARAP Bad Debt to view Posting document only.
- Enhancement: Undo all Bad Debt when delete GST Processor.
- Fix Bug: ACC-2860 Error Log Viewer Bug: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list. (ID: 40059)
- Fix Bug: Fix Monthly Sales Analysis amount not tally with POS Sales Report.
- Enhancement: Modify GST Processor command timeout.
- Enhancement: Modify select ARAP Bad Debt wizard tick behaviour.
- Enhancement: Add GST Start Date checking at GST option.
- EnhancementL Add Payment Method document numbering format for import ARAP Payment and Cash Book by Excel.
- Fix Bug: Fix column “BonusPointQtyIndex” does not belong to table ItemUOM issue during import stock item with bonus point.
- Enhancement: Show Bad Debt info in ARAP Invoice.
- Enhancement: Set GST On Realized Gain Loss to zero when loss (negative) amount.
- Enhancement: Add negative CBDTL knock off CBPaymentDTL for cash book.
- Enhancement: Add Filter By AccNo module which affects the Cash Book, Journal Entry, Bank Reconciliation, Ledger Report, Journal of Transaction report and Multi-Dimensional Ledger Analysis.
- Enhancement: Add preview and print button for GST Instant Info.
- Enhancement: Calculate Tax Currency Tax, Local Taxable Amt, Tax Currency Taxable Amt when preview report with auto merge item code.
- Enhancement: Show ARAP Invoice Bad Debt type in ARAP Payment.
- Enhancement: Show Bad Debt info in ARAP Invoice when enable tax code.