- 1 Introduction
- 2 Improvements Introduced
- 3 Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
This version of AutoCount Accounting is a maintenance release for version 1.8. Some of the improvements implemented in this version are:
- New GST Date for Sales, Purchase, AR/AP, CB and JE documents
- Apply GST Logic Option
- New Access Right to control GST related fields
- Minor enhancement to both Creditor Maintenance, GST Return function and Import From Excel
Posting GST Date for Sales, Purchase, AR/AP, CB and JE documents
One of the major enhancement introduced in this version of AutoCount Accounting is a field that holds the posting of GST transaction using another field called GST Date in the following documents:
- Sales: Invoice, Credit Note, Debit Note and Cash Sales
- Purchase: Purchase Invoice, Purchase Return and Cash Purchase
- AR and AP documents
- Cash Book and Journal Entry
The purpose of this field is to allow you to separate the document date from the GST date. An example of this is you received a supplier invoice dated 13 April 2015 on 2 July 2015, since you have submitted the GST-03 of April 2015 already, so you have to post the document’s GST date on 2 July 2015.
Before users can begin to use this field, please remember to assign the following Tax Accounts in the GST Settings (accessible via GST Processor or can be done automatically by using the proposed GST accounts via the Tax Code Wizard.):
- Deferred Input Tax Account
- Deferred Output Tax Account
Below is an example on how this field works with the GST logic available in AutoCount Accounting.
A user had purchase some supplies from a supplier in April. However the invoice for that purchase was only received in July (shown below).
As such when that user enters the document into their system, the document date will cause issue in the GST Posting due to the late data entry. To solve this issue, the user can set the GST date field for this document to the date when he entered the A/P Invoice into the system (shown below).
This will cause the posting of the tax to be posted into the Deferred Input Tax Account on the 13th of April (following the document date). And on the 2nd of July (the GST Date entered), the system will automatically post the tax amount form the Deferred Input Tax Account to Tax Account set under that Tax Code (in this example, it would be Input Tax)
As such the tax figures when the user submits their GST Return would be correct for the next cycle (July – Sep) as the figure is not applied on the previous cycle (April – June) following the document date. With this change, the GAF file generated for the GST Return will also contain notations to show that the items purchased or sold has different document date to the GST Date it is registered to (shown below).
Apply GST Logic Option
After you have upgraded to this version, if your home currency is MYR, then the Enable Goods & Service Tax will be enabled by default. But the GST logic will not be applied. Instead, it is controlled by a new option, known as Apply GST Logic Option, gives two setting that when applied to the system will control when the tax logic can be applied to the system as a whole. The first option ‘Apply Tax Logic only after GST Start Date’ will cause all the GST functionality to only work after the GST Start Date while the second option ‘Apply Tax Logic for all date’ will apply the GST functionality as soon as GST is enabled.
For users that is upgrading from version 1.5 to version 1.8 and has not enabled GST before, the system will automatically set the option to the first option. Users that has been using the GST functionality for their Sales tax will have the system automatically set the option to the second option when upgrading.
A new access right has been added into this version of AutoCount Accounting. The access right, ‘Allow to change Tax Code, Inclusive Tax, and other Tax fields’, will control the ability to change/enter data into all the Tax related fields. Users without this access right will only use the default values set or empty value (only if the default value is not set) when doing data entry in documents that have tax fields. To access this access right, just navigate to the Access Rights Maintenance in User Maintenance and select the GST Group.
Minor Enhancements in:
A new field has been added into the Creditor Maintenance entry form. Users can now specify if they wish to set the Inclusive tax checkbox document behavior for each creditor. The new field called Inclusive will cause the Creditor that it is set on to always use Inclusive tax in the documents that contain them. To access this field, just navigate to the Others tab in the Creditor Maintenance tab.
A new option is added in the GST Return window. This option called Amendment, will automatically tick the Pindaan/Amendment box in the GST-03 Form. As such user do not need to manually tick the checkbox if they are printing the GST-03 Form for amendment purposes.
Tax Code Maintenance
Two new Tax Codes have been added into the Tax Code Maintenance. This two tax codes,
IM_C (Import for Capital Goods) and
NR_C (Capital Goods Acquired From Non-GST Supplier) is used for items imported in for Capital Goods. All items with this codes will be calculated under the Part C: Item 16 (Additional Information: Total Value of Capital Goods Acquired) of the GST-03 form.
Import From Excel
In this version of AutoCount Accounting, a minor enhancement has been introduced to allow the quotation mark(“) to be imported in. A few information must be taken into consideration before adding in the quotation mark into the excel template. The first would that be if the quotation mark (“) is placed at the beginning of the data entered, it must be close with itself at the end of the data column. Not doing so would cause the data imported to be wrongly imported as shown below.
The second would be if you wish to use the quotation mark (“) on its own, it must not be the first character in the string (or to simplify, there must be a character in front of it).
Bugs Fixed and Minor Enhancement
Among the newer bugs fixed and minor enhancement introduced in AutoCount Accounting version 1.8 are:
- Fix bug during first time startup when choose Cancel in Choose Product Edition window does not stop and exit the application.
- Fix bug when incorrect login in Auto Count Sdn Bhd program does not show error message.
- Add notes to Account Book Registration wizard.
- Add checking on account number format when configuring GST
- Move the Is Security Deposit field into master form
- Add Update Item Price option function.
- Add Taxable Amount and Tax Amount Currency Symbol on Tax Summary Header and Report Field
- Change Taxable Amount and Tax Amount to Local Taxable Amount and Local Tax Amount
- Add GST Payable Description to Report Field
- Add Edit GST Payable control under Customize Invoicing 2 inside Tools option
- Fix Bug: Batch No. column that shows ‘After CSGN Qty’ is not showing correct qty of Sales & Purchase consignment. (ACC-2770)
- Fix Bug: Error Log Viewer Bug: There was no endpoint listening at http://192.168.0.250:19500/BackupService that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. (ID: 32477) (ACC-2779)
- Fix Bug: Cannot save consignment, prompt ‘ You are not allow to save negative outstanding consignment quantity -6 for item 880 9116 888 043.’ (ACC-2754)
- Modify fix StockDtl Dockey update query.
- Modify allow user to change new user defined tax code name
- 1. Fix bug in Find A/R & A/P CN, Payment, Refund where Can Knock-off access right does not taken into consideration when edit a document.
- Fix Choose Edition form issue
- Fix Bug: Item Package GST amount is not showed in System Report Tax Invoice GST summary Table (ACC-2768)
- Enhance GST on Business Flow
- Fix generate GST on DO hang issue
- Add confirmation login user password message when committing GST Processor
- Fix bug in FormRegistrationWizard where change from Express edition to AutoCount edition still show Express edition when requesting for license.
- Fix Bug: ‘Set Default Font’ in Document Note did not Function. (ACC-2781)
- Fix Concurrency violation: the UpdateCommand affected 0 of the expected 1 records during update LocalSubTotalExTax Amount.
- Fix Bug: Error Log Viewer Bug: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (ID: 32767) (ACC-2785)
- Add Goods Return Field field for Credit Note detail record class.
- Fix Import Stock Out Of Memory Exception issue
- Request to have Access Right on GST Code Field in Transactions Detail (Invoice, Quotation etc). (ACC-2788)